The Copyright Protection System
You have a legal right to the Copyright in your creative original works – assert that right! Protect yourself against intellectual property theft and the plagiarism of your original idea.
The First Protection System
The system uses a unique tamper-proof envelope, designed and patented globally. It will contain your work (up to 500 pages or several DVDs), the date of submission and the top half of your signature – the other half being kept with your Warranty of Authenticity – further proving ownership. The envelope is supported by a bar-coded identification process & is securely stored in a vault.
If ever challenged, you have indisputable proof that you came up with the idea first!
- Order your First Protection System. If you haven’t done so yet, order your envelope here. You will receive your envelope within a few days.
- Sign and date the top of the Warranty of Originality form in pen along the perforation. Please ensure that some of the writing falls above and below the perforation. This is vital for verification of authenticity.
- Fill in the Warranty of Originality form by summarising the contents of the envelope and sign and date it again at the bottom.
- Detach and retain the Warranty of Originality form by carefully tearing both perforations. One half of the signature and date will remain attached to the envelope, the other half is on your Warranty of Originality. Ensure that this Warranty is kept in a secure place, as it will be required if and when you need to prove authenticity in the future, by matching it to the envelope once extracted from the secure vault.
- Detach and complete the Annual Standing Order Form in pen if you wish to have your FPE secured for more than one year. Once completed, follow the folding instructions on the form – this enables you to fold and seal the Annual Standing Order Form and post it separately to the Freepost address which is already printed on it.
- Insert a sealed, self addressed standard envelope containing a copy of your work (whether this is a CD, DVD or paperwork) into the special envelope.
- Seal the envelope by, firstly, sealing the flap exhibiting your half signature and date by folding the flap in half on itself.
- Then, fold that flap a second time to completely seal the envelope.
- Send by registered post.
Your work is now safe!